Virtual Signposting, Prioritisation and Customer Service Skills Training
DETAILS OF HOW TO BOOK THIS COURSE HERE
Signposting, Prioritisation and Customer Service skills training for non clinical staff who are expected to filter the initial request for clinical contact to the appropriate outcome, including to other service providers, as well as prioritising calls according to urgency.
49 in stock
Please contact us here to book this training
Signposting and Prioritisation Skills Virtual Training for Non-Clinical Staff – 3.5 hours
In today’s health care settings, more and more nonclinical staff are expected to ask patients the reason for their request to see or speak to a clinician. This is to be able to ‘signpost’ the patient to the correct provider, but also to ‘prioritise’ their need i.e. offer the right type of appointment or service, within the right timescale.
The aim of this session is to provide delegates with the skills to filter out inappropriate calls originally aimed at clinicians and to suggest alternatives where it is suitable to do so. This is done through engagement with the caller and a true understanding of their role as the first point of contact.
Staff need to understand what’s required to communicate effectively to deliver excellent customer care. They will be given information on how to deal with those patients who can be difficult, demanding or frequent service users.
The session will include experiential learning through participative activities, including when to use the skills and strategies discussed, group exercises and discussion. N.B We do not use role play with our training for nonclinical staff as this is often very poorly received.
Participants leave with practical examples of protocols that can be used in any GP practice.
- To understand what signposting means
- To understand what prioritisation means
- To understand the differences between face to face and telephone communication
- Explore the basics of a telephone interaction and what a good call process means
- Understand what is needed for effective communication over the phone
- How to identify and overcome some of the barriers to communication
- Understand what active listening is and what this can achieve
- Learn how to identify difficult behaviours and how to manage them
Price £80 + VAT
Max number on course 15